TOUGHCable CARRIER Cross-Section
Wiring the Cable
- Use a TOUGHCable Connector to gauge how much of the jacket to strip (roughly 22 mm). Mark the appropriate length and strip the necessary length of cable jacket with wire strippers.
- Carefully cut and remove the braided cable shielding covering the drain wire and foil shield.
Note: Use caution when cutting the braided cable shielding to avoid severing the foil shield and drain wire.
- Carefully fold back the drain wire, numbered 0 in the Cable Wiring Specification T568B .
- Carefully fold back the foil shield to expose the clear plastic wrapping around the twisted pair cable.
Note: Do not rip the foil shield completely away so that a portion of it can later be inserted into the TOUGHCable Connector to terminate the connection.
- Cut or tear away the clear plastic wrapping around the twisted pair cable and untwist the wires to expose the plastic
- Use wire cutters to cut away the exposed portion of the plastic
- Place the wires in order as shown below (and as detailed in the Cable Wiring Specification T568B on page 8). Ensure the wires are as straight and compact as possible
- Fold the foil shield back up towards the exposed wires, leaving roughly half the distance exposed while covering the bottom half with the foil. Fold under or tear away any excess foil. Use wire cutters to trim the ends of the wires evenly to ensure a straight surface to insert into the TOUGHCable Connector.
- Keeping the wires in the correct order, insert the wires carefully into the TOUGHCable Connector.
Note: Ensure that the wires are inserted according to the
Cable Wiring Specification T568B. Ensure that the wires are inserted into the TOUGHCable Connector completely and that they make contact with the tip of the connector. The outside of the foil shield must connect with the metal inside of the TOUGHCable Connector for proper termination and ESD protection. Also, for extra protection and support of the twisted wire cabling inside, ensure that the outer cable jacket fits inside the TOUGHCable Connector prior to crimping in step 10.
10. Place the TOUGHCable Connector and twisted pair cable into the cable crimper and press firmly.
Note: Ensure that the drain wire remains outside of the connector.
11. Feed the exposed portion of drain wire through the drain wire hook on the outside of the connector and fold it over.
- Crimp the drain wire hook with a pair of needle-nose pliers to create a secure contact between the drain wire and hook.
TC-GND Users – If you are using TC-GND TOUGHCable Connectors, then secure the end of the ground wire to a grounding point, such as the tower ground system or a metal mounting bracket.
13.Repeat steps 1-12 for the other end of the cable. Congratulations! Your cable is ready for use.
Cable Wiring Specification T568B
UBIQUITI NETWORKS, Inc (“UBIQUITI NETWORKS”) warrants that the product(s) furnished hereunder (the “Product(s)”) shall be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the date of shipment by UBIQUITI NETWORKS under normal use and operation. UBIQUITI NETWORKS’ sole and exclusive obligation and liability under the foregoing warranty shall be for UBIQUITI NETWORKS, at its discretion, to repair or replace any Product that fails to conform to the above warranty during the above warranty period. The expense of removal and reinstallation of any Product is not included in this warranty. The warranty period of any repaired or replaced Product shall not extend beyond its original term.
The above warranty does not apply if the Product:
- has been modified and/or altered, or an addition made thereto, except by Ubiquiti Networks, or Ubiquiti Networks’ authorized representatives, or as approved by Ubiquiti Networks in writing;
- has been painted, rebranded or physically modified in any way;
- has been damaged due to errors or defects in cabling;
(IV) has been subjected to misuse, abuse, negligence, abnormal physical, electromagnetic or electrical stress, including lightning strikes, or accident;
- has been damaged or impaired as a result of using third party firmware; or
(VI) has no original Ubiquiti MAC label, or is missing any other original Ubiquiti label(s).
In addition, the above warranty shall apply only if: the product has been properly installed and used at all times in accordance, and in all material respects, with the applicable Product documentation; all Ethernet cabling runs use CAT5 (or above), and for outdoor installations, shielded Ethernet cabling is used, and for indoor installations, indoor cabling requirements are followed.
No Products will be accepted for replacement or repair without obtaining a Return Materials Authorization (RMA) number from UBIQUITI NETWORKS during the warranty period, and the Products being received at UBIQUITI NETWORKS’ facility freight prepaid in accordance with the RMA process of UBIQUITI NETWORKS. Products returned without an RMA number will not be processed and will be returned freight collect or subject to disposal. Information on the RMA process and obtaining an RMA number can be found at: www.ubnt.com/support/warranty.
TOUGHCable™ CARRIER Quick Start Guide
EXCEPT FOR ANY EXPRESS WARRANTIES PROVIDED HEREIN, UBIQUITI NETWORKS, ITS AFFILIATES, AND ITS AND THEIR THIRD PARTY DATA, SERVICE, SOFTWARE AND HARDWARE PROVIDERS HEREBY DISCLAIM AND MAKE NO OTHER REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, REPRESENTATIONS, GUARANTEES, OR WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, ACCURACY, QUALITY OF SERVICE OR RESULTS, AVAILABILITY, SATISFACTORY QUALITY, LACK OF VIRUSES, QUIET ENJOYMENT, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING FROM ANY COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE OR TRADE PRACTICE IN CONNECTION WITH SUCH PRODUCTS AND SERVICES. BUYER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT NEITHER UBIQUITI NETWORKS NOR ITS THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS CONTROL BUYER’S EQUIPMENT
OR THE TRANSFER OF DATA OVER COMMUNICATIONS FACILITIES, INCLUDING THE INTERNET, AND THAT THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES MAY BE SUBJECT TO LIMITATIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, DELAYS, CANCELLATIONS AND OTHER PROBLEMS INHERENT IN THE USE OF COMMUNICATIONS FACILITIES. UBIQUITI NETWORKS, ITS AFFILIATES AND ITS AND THEIR THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS
ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INTERRUPTIONS, DELAYS, CANCELLATIONS, DELIVERY FAILURES, DATA LOSS, CONTENT CORRUPTION, PACKET LOSS, OR OTHER DAMAGE RESULTING FROM ANY OF THE FOREGOING. In addition, UBIQUITI NETWORKS does not warrant that the operation of the Products will be error-free or that operation will be uninterrupted. In no event shall UBIQUITI NETWORKS be responsible for damages or claims of any nature or description relating to system performance, including coverage, buyer’s selection of products (including the Products) for buyer’s application and/or failure of products (including the Products) to meet government or regulatory requirements.
Limitation of Liability
EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY LOCAL LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL UBIQUITI OR ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES OR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR OTHER DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOST PROFIT, LOST DATA, OR DOWNTIME COSTS), ARISING OUT OF THE USE, INABILITY TO USE, OR THE RESULTS OF USE OF THE PRODUCT, WHETHER BASED
IN WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Some countries, states and provinces do not allow exclusions of implied warranties or conditions, so the above exclusion may not apply to you. You may have other rights that vary from country to country, state to state, or province to province. Some countries, states and provinces do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation may not apply to you. EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY LOCAL
LAW, THESE WARRANTY TERMS DO NOT EXCLUDE, RESTRICT OR MODIFY, AND
ARE IN ADDITION TO, THE MANDATORY STATUTORY RIGHTS APPLICABLE TO THE LICENSE OF ANY SOFTWARE (EMBEDDED IN THE PRODUCT) TO YOU. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods shall not apply to any transactions regarding the sale of the Products.