- vendredi 6 mars 2015
- Envoyé par : admin
- Catégorie : Technology : how to use it ?
The Very Small Aperture Terminal (VSAT) is a satellite communications system that is used to connect remote sites to International hubs in order to access the internet or share data within a company system. Satellites are used when a terrestrial solution is not conceivable and when it is also not possible to connect two points directly with antennas, because they are too far and it is not possible see each other. In this case, the better way is to have a satellite connecting the two points, it works like a mirror, it reflects the signal from sender to receiver and back.
The satellite can only cover a part of the world, like we see in the image this below:
Commercially talking, we have different products (different bands of frequency). It depends on the needs of the customer.
– C-Band: (Frequency range 3-6GHz) It is the most stable solution with the highest average of network availability. The antennas dishes are also the biggest ones (from 1.8 meters to 3.6 meters). This is the perfect solution for big projects.
– Ku-Band: (Frequency range 14-16GHz) For this one, we propose 3 different types of antenna.
- 1 meter: Product name is WAKA. The solution is designed for small business and private users, however, you choose from different range of speed starting from low speed (512 Kbps) to very high speed solutions (10 Mbps). You can install yourself. This month this product is in promotion. To know more about it, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1.2 meter
- 1.8 meter
– Ka-band: The major difference with another VSAT solutions is the high frequency used (higher than C-band or Ku-band, it uses sending frequencies between 27.5 GHz to 31 GHz and receiving frequencies from 17.3 to 21.2 GHz) and the advantages procured: speed, volume of data available and price. Our product is the Hi!Ka. It can provide Internet by satellite for everyone: homes, small and medium businesses, big projects…